View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhukovbk

re: Zhukov's Rant 29/06/2009

Sometimes this material writes itself. Bored at work I was browsing though a few online comics and this one sparked an interest http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20090629. Yep there’s been another celebrity death and this time its one of America’s infomercial guys Billy Mays http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/billy-mays-tv-pitchman-dies/?hp. It’s a bit like loosing Barry Scott the Cillit Bang guy. You would never admit to caring that he’s gone but you’d secretly miss the remixes of their adverts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKewq9Whrrk.
It’s unsure how he died but they believe it was linked to him hitting his head on a plane when the wheel burst on landing http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/plane_landing_tampa_062709. Mays was quoted saying “All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head,” Obviously not hard enough considering the old man hit his head and couldn’t get up in the morning. Ironically this fast talking pitchman died quietly in his sleep.
His family have already started arrangements for his funeral as the coffin was only $99.99 and if they buy now they get the tombstone absolutely FREE!
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!
As a tribute to Billy, Sky TV will be airing nothing but Oxi Clean and Kaboom adverts during all the non stop Michael Jackson life documentaries.

Ok enough with deaths time for some news we can all relate to. I’ve read up on the latest Q&A and this time its on the Death Knights http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/deathknight-qa.html. It got very worrying when he answered the first question with “Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game”. Of course he was only joking but probably not as far from the truth as they think considering they used the word overpowered far too often in the interview. From what I gathered they are still trying to reduce the capabilities of the death knight in tanking and in pvp to be more inline with other classes but without upsetting the players and causing them all to re-roll. I think the biggest news that all you death knights should be excited about is that they should be bringing back the voices for the Ghouls. Oh Joy!!! What a great buff! Its almost as good as when they decided to change the stormstrike and lava lash icons.

From the look of the patch notes http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html they seem to plan on doing this by largely reducing the health of the death knight and a few of the abilities have been tweaked. The overall affect of this is unknown to me (as I don’t have a death knight) but I’m fairly certain its gonna achieve the desired affect of bringing the class more in line with other classes in tanking and pvp however whether players will decide to re-roll cause of these changes is another matter. I’d be interested in hearing a few comments from death knights on what you think to these changes.

Looking at the shaman changes and I find myself rather excited! (Minds out of the gutter please) There isn’t really any abilities that will directly improve the DPS but the general affects of these changes will lead to more DPS overall. The 4 totem lay down on a global cooldown will mean less time wasting laying individual totems and more time dpsing. Also reducing the cooldown on shamastic rage should hopefully mean I can free up a talent point to spend else where. We also seem to have nicked the death knights health as we have a base health increase of 7%.

To be honest I haven’t had the time to read up on the other class changes but to finish I would like to find out your opinions on the level changes to the mounts. Do you think the changes are a good idea or do you think they are just making it too easy for us?

25 man raid soon! Ill see you all online.

they need to decide wtf they are doing. they made a shit frost tree then buffed it and then nerfed it and now nerfing again.

this. Frost Strike: This ability can now be dodged, parried, or blocked. Weapon damage bonus reduced to 55%, down from 60%.

will stop me even bothering to tank ever again.

Icebound Fortitude: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes.

is total bullshit.

i dont care what people say. we have no shield or crazy hp/armor of druids. we need ibf.

Lichborne: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.

wow all the way down from 12 seconds. hit us hard there espesh as a undead dk.......

Threat of Thassarian: New 3-point talent. When dual-wielding, your Death Strikes, Obliterates, Plague Strikes, Blood Strikes and Frost Strikes have a 30/60/100% chance to also deal damage with your off-hand weapon. Off-hand strikes are roughly one half the effect of the original strike.

utter bullshit. they rant about being a hero class then try make us use two little swords. i plain refuse.

Toughness: This talent now grants 2/4/6/8/10% armor instead of 3/6/9/12/15%, placing it in line with similar abilities of other classes.

-20% armor now -5% right after.

Desecration: This talent has been reduced to 2 points for 25/50% snare and no longer increases damage done by the death knight. It has also been moved one tier earlier in the tree and its spell effect has been made more transparent.

bodged pvp nerf just made dk's even more unwanted in raids /clap blizzard

From the notes this is what it looks like to me. they are slowly trying to stop death knights from tanking. they are failing to see that deathknights 1v1 ability is not that amazing and most damage done is from dots and aoe pvp wize where none of this has been nerfed.

No one has ever said EVER that i have saw that DK's are over powered tanks. as we are not. our TPS is useless and instead of simply buffing aggro from frost pres they try buff things in frost without thinking it will be op in pvp and now nerf it all down again makin it near impossible to keep aggro again. with ibf and cd management we could make our damage quite manageable for healers but now with a min cd you will see dk's drop alot faster. a better way would have been to nerf IBF to say 30% less damage as we have unbreakable armor for those OH SHIT moments anyway

bodged patch. the shammy changes wont stick and the dk ones wont either

il be VERY surprised if the patch looks like this when it comes out

Please Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.

Love
Scissors.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"
Bluetoes
In-Game Guild Master

Ghost Wolf: Can now be learned at level 16. While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.

THIS is the stupidest attempt to make shammys pvp worthy i have seen.

Love
Scissors.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"
Bluetoes
In-Game Guild Master

things i DO like tho

Engineers can now learn to create a portable Wormhole Generator for Northrend. The Wormhole allows them to travel to different locations in Northrend, although the locations are sometimes in dangerous places.

# ncreased benefits from Hyperspeed Accelerators, Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket and Reticulated Armor Webbing glove modifications.
# Increased the passive bonuses provided by Springy Arachnoweave, Flexweave Underlay and Nitro Boosts.

# Mote Extractor now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
# A new repair bot has been added, and his name is Jeeves. He is the ultimate gentleman robot butler, able to perform all the mundane tasks of repairing, selling and buying junk for your entire raid. Additionally, he can open bank boxes for skilled engineers (350+). Jeeves is not destroyed when used, but due to pressing engagements, can only be summoned once an hour. The schematic for this handsome robot was said to be hidden within the parts of another robot - hoping to be found by an engineer one day.
# Nitro Boosts: Now have a 5-second duration.
# Potion Injectors now increase the amount gained by 25% when used by engineers. Quantity produced by recipes for Runic Healing and Mana Injectors has been increased.

# A Steam-Powered Auctioneer has been added to the Dalaran Like Clockwork engineering shop, allowing access to one's faction Auction House. The Steam-Powered Auctioneer was programmed with a superiority chip, and will only interact with Grand Master engineers.
# Transporter devices are no longer classified as trinkets and can be used directly from your inventory.

they totally lied about not buffing eng.

Love
Scissors.

Bluetoes
In-Game Guild Master

finally.

best note to the patch....

Mathiel in Darnassus has finally earned himself enough money from your repair bills that he was able to buy himself an anvil.

yay................

Love
Scissors.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mutiny Forum Index -> Rant Pages All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: